The Resource Between the world and me
- Between the world and me
- Statement of responsibility
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- United States -- Race relations
- Whites -- United States -- Attitudes
- African Americans -- Public opinion
- Race relations
- Race discrimination -- United States
- African Americans -- Social conditions
- African Americans -- United States -- Public opinion
- United States
- HISTORY / United States / General
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations
- Race discrimination
- African Americans -- United States -- Social conditions
- Whites -- Attitudes
- Ethnische Beziehungen
- "For Ta-Nehisi Coates, history has always been personal. At every stage of his life, he's sought in his explorations of history answers to the mysteries that surrounded him -- most urgently, why he, and other black people he knew, seemed to live in fear. What were they afraid of? In Tremble for My Country, Coates takes readers along on his journey through America's history of race and its contemporary resonances through a series of awakenings -- moments when he discovered some new truth about our long, tangled history of race, whether through his myth-busting professors at Howard University, a trip to a Civil War battlefield with a rogue historian, a journey to Chicago's South Side to visit aging survivors of 20th century America's 'long war on black people,' or a visit with the mother of a beloved friend who was shot down by the police. In his trademark style -- a mix of lyrical personal narrative, reimagined history, essayistic argument, and reportage -- Coates provides readers a thrillingly illuminating new framework for understanding race: its history, our contemporary dilemma, and where we go from here"--
- ALA Notable Book, 2016.
- Alex Award, 2016.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2015
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2015
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Nonfiction, 2016.
- Kirkus Prize for Nonfiction, 2015.
- Library Journal Best Books 2015
- National Book Award for Nonfiction, 2015.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2015
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2015.
- Street Lit Book Award Medal: Adult Non-Fiction, 2016.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .C6335 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Between the world and me
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Between the world and me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://greater-clarks-hill.library.link/resource/V-LmUIOb61w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://greater-clarks-hill.library.link/resource/V-LmUIOb61w/">Between the world and me</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://greater-clarks-hill.library.link/#GCHR"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://greater-clarks-hill.library.link/">Greater Clarks Hill Regional Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Greater Clarks Hill Regional Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.